Zen of Writing Good Code
- Simple is better complex.
- Complex is better than complicated.
- Explicit is better than implicit.
- Clever is the enemy of elegant.
- The best idea wins.
- Premature optimization is when you solve problems you do not have.
- Mature optimization is when you solve problems before they become monsters.
- Our codebase is our home, make sure it stays a nice place to spend time.
- Naming is important, but it never replaces documentation.
Tests are not a hipster fad, like
- Debugging is harder than writing code.
- Readable code is better than concise code.
- Always architect with a concrete problem in mind (problem should have existing code to help focus the problem).